I'm on a diet, so of course I want everyone else to eat healthy too, here's something I scrapped together today, and was surprised at how good it was.
Healthy, Quick, Chicken Fried Rice
Makes 1 serving.
- 4 oz. skinless chicken breast (cooked)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 1/4 cup fresh, clean, sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh, diced onion
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- salt to taste (omit salt for low sodium diets)
While the rice is cooking in the microwave, slice up the chicken, mushrooms and onions. In a hot skillet combine and stir everything together and cook on med-high until the pieces of egg are browned.
Total Prep Time: ~15 mins (if chicken is already cooked)
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 23.8 g (mostly from olive oil)
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Protein: 32.5 g
- Sodium: 225 mg (amount w/o added salt)
Overall I'm happy with how balanced this meal is, and how quickly I was able to prepare it (the 15 mins was rounded up), when I made it I added a little extra rice for more carbs and some salt, this was my post workout meal so I could afford it. One last thing, the veggies weren't really measured, the amounts above are just approximations, add as many veggies as you like.