Friday, December 3, 2004

Health Concerns

I consider myself rather health conscious, I work out regularly, and watch what I eat most of the time(even though I can get away with eating crap when I need to because of my age). With that said, I would like to give an example of what I believe is a polarizing trend that is taking place, the obsession with health food. I was waiting for my flight at O'Hare today and all morning I had a craving for a doughnut, a good old fashioned American, jelly-filled, chocolate iced, 300 calorie doughnut. So I walked all around Concourse B, no doughnut. Walked all around Concourse C and I found plenty of healthy muffins, fruit, and other vitamin enriched, whole wheat treats, and then I saw it, a lonely chocolate doughnut. I bought the doughnut, ate the doughnut, and a $1.50 later, cursed the name of the person who considers himself a baker. How low have we sunk as a culture where one can go past numerous vendors early on a Friday morning and not find a pure, unadulterated circular pastry of delight. So I ask you, are you willing to sacrifice an integral part of American history and culture for a few calories?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VIVE LA DONUT! VIVA LA PRIME MINISTER OF TOAST!!

MAY OUR BAKED GOOD LIVE FOREVER MORE IN JELLY< CUSTARD< OR OTHER DELECTIBLE FILLING FREEDOM!!

TeKiEcId

Anonymous said...

nich, I also find this disgusting obsession with health food utterly repulsive. This bland health food craze that has raviged our land needs to be put to a stop. And also you have become the unchallenged king of utter coolness. Your fan Caleb Sanford