Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Would you like Fries with... AUUUGH!!

A little person is filing a complaint against a McDonald's employee because she "shrieked and ran away at the sight of him".

The employee apparently has a phobia of little people. She defended herself by stating, "Imagine if you saw a snake or a spider, how would you respond?". Ethan Wade, who suffers from a form of dwarfism responded, "You can't have a phobia of a person. I'm a human being. You can't have that type of phobia."

Now I think it was probably immature of the employee to respond like that, but I also think Ethan Wade's statement is incorrect, you can have a phobia of a person, yes it's irrational to have that fear, but last time I checked, that's the DEFINITION of phobia.

Well this reminded me of a certain South Park episode, (sorry about the edits in between clips, they removed the original video I had)



No comments: