Friday, April 4, 2008

A Great Movie you Probably Haven't Seen

I don't normally go for musicals, I usually prefer when stuff in the film explodes, but I really enjoyed this film.

Once is a modern day musical set in Dublin, but it's not your typical dance around arm in arm with random people while all singing and dancing in choreographed scenes musical. It really captures the essence of a regular guy just trying to find his way, with some things working out as they should, and some not.

Plus, I really enjoyed the Once Soundtrack, which was almost entirely written by Glen Hansard just for the film (and it won an Oscar for the soundtrack, but awards are stupid.)

Oh and here's a video, I thought the actual trailers really sucked, so I found this promo/interview with the main characters and director, and it's much better.


Like what you read? Subscribe!

No comments: